Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Puppy Chow

I just finished making our first Christmas Dessert for this year. We pass around a lot of plates of goodies for our neighbors every year and everyone always loves the puppy chow. It's named that because it looks like Purina Puppy Chow...it is not actual puppy chow. :) I'm not exactly sure where it came from in our family. I just sort of remember Amy started making it one year. It's one of my mother's favorites.

6 cups Crispix cereal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
12 ounce chocolate chips
2 cups powdered sugar

Melt peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips together on the stove over medium heat; whisking together until smooth. Stir into cereal. Put powdered sugar in a paper sack. Put cereal mixture in and shake until well coated.

Doubles Just Fine. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I just made this today for the girl's AWANA teachers... yummy!