Friday, December 19, 2008

Peanut Butter Blossoms

 
 
I am not sure if this is my grandmother's recipe...I did get it from my mother's recipe collection, so it could be, but I most closely relate this recipe with my Grandma Jackson. Every Christmas she would make these. They are my Uncle John's favorite.

Makes about 36 cookies. Doubles well.

1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Hershey kisses

Mix the wet ingredients in one bowl and mix the dry ingredients into another; slowly add the dry to the wet and mix together. Form into balls, roll in white sugar. Bake at 375 for 8 minutes, add kisses to center of cookie, pushing all the way down, gently. Return to oven and bake for an additional 3 minutes. Cool on rack.

2 comments:

Chandra said...

sometimes I make little tiny balls and buy those miniature (baking) hershey's chocolate chips and use this same recipe. The result is a tiny fairy sized version of the bigger cookie.

Chandra B.

Amy said...

What a wonderful idea!!! I am going to have to try that when I have a 'tea' party with the girls:)