Saturday, May 26, 2012

How to make Sour Cream...

I know that I am not the only one out there that begins to make supper only to realize I am missing one of the ingredients... the sour cream.

First you need to make buttermilk (which is really quite simple- I don't think I will ever buy buttermilk again!!!).

Buttermilk:
•Milk (just under one cup)
•1 Tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice

1. Place a Tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup.
2. Add enough milk to bring the liquid up to the one-cup line.
3. Let stand for five minute. Then, use as much as your recipe calls for.

Now you can make your sour cream...

To make Sour Cream for baking:
Mix 3/4 cup of buttermilk plus 1/3 cup butter (I usually don't add all the butter and it turns out fine:) together and use as you normally would store bought sour cream.

No comments: