Monday, October 2, 2017

Red Skinned Potato Salad

I've been making this for a couple of years, but haven't typed it up for posterity. I made it this past weekend for the family reunion and got lots of compliments from non-potato salad eaters. I could just eat plates of this at a BBQ and be very happy. I doubled the recipe, but didn't measure the mayo out. I just used a regular sized jar. I also like to add a sprinkle of smoked paprika when I serve it.

2 lbs clean red potatoes
6 hardboiled eggs
1 lb bacon cooked and crispy
1 onion, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
2 cups mayo
salt and pepper to taste

Cube your potatoes into bite sized chunks, leaving the skin on, and boil in salted water. Cook until tender, but still firm. About five to ten minutes once your water is boiling. I just poke them with a fork and see if they're done.

Drain and put into fridge to cool.

While your taters are cooling, chop the other ingredients.

Note for hardboiling eggs, just in case: Put your eggs in a pot and just cover with water, salt the water. On high heat, bring to a rolling boil. Then turn off heat and leave on burner for 25 minutes. Then peel and you're good to go.

Put all of your chopped ingredients (eggs, bacon, onion, celery and potatoes once cooled) into a bowl. Add your mayo and salt and pepper to taste. Chill for at least an hour before serving.




No comments: