Monday, March 23, 2009

Macaroni & Cheese

This is a recipe that originally came from my mom... I have since changed it a little:) I believe all of my sisters make it a little different now as well, but this is how I make it. It is a popular dish to make for get togethers or when you want a good comfort food... 

Macaroni & Cheese 
  • 1 lb box macaroni, cooked 
  • 1 bag Velveeta, shredded 
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk 
  • Plenty of Shredded Cheese (cheddar or mixed works well) 
Cook the macaroni according to the box. When the pasta is cooked, drain. Then add Velveeta and the sweetened condensed milk to the cooked macaroni. Stir until melted. Pour half into a greased 13x9 and sprinkle with cheese. Pour the rest on top and sprinkle with more cheese. Heat until cheese is melted. 

*You can also make this dish ahead of time and cook at 350 for 30 minutes. Enjoy:)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

When I make it, I use 1/2 of the large Velveeta brick and a whole can of the sweetened condensed milk. What do you do with the other half? And no joke, we had this for dinner tonight and I was going to post the recipe, too. :)

Amy said...

I refrigerate it... it lasts up to a week- so we either have another batch of mac & cheese or we mix it with banana slices and freeze it:) Yummy!!! We made it on Friday for our guests and so of them wanted the recipe:)

Aaron said...

So... 1 lb macaroni, 1/2 a block of velvita, and one can of sweetened condensed milk?

Aaron said...

No. 2 lbs. Macaroni, 1/2 block Velveeta and on can sweetened condensed milk.